Making a Difference with Cat and Dog Vaccinations in Herndon
When it comes to preventive health, cat and dog vaccinations play an important role in our pet’s lives. They enable our furry friends to ward off dangerous, potentially fatal diseases. Puppies and kittens receive a series of vaccinations that fortify their immunity, but they’ll need regular boosters throughout their lives to maintain their resistance. At Franklin Farm Veterinary Clinic, we offer safe, effective vaccines. Give us a call at (703) 435-3335 and visit us in Herndon for your pet vaccinations!
More About Vaccines for Your Pet
Vaccines are either “core” or “noncore.” Core vaccines are highly recommended for every pet due to the severity and contagiousness of the diseases they protect against. Noncore vaccines, on the other hand, we only recommend based on your pet’s level of risk.
Core Vaccinations We Recommend:
- DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, parainfluenza)
- Lyme – a tick-borne illness
- FVRCP (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia)
Our Noncore Vaccinations:
- Bordetella (kennel cough) – often required for boarding, grooming, and training classes
- Leptospirosis – bacteria found in contaminated water or soil from an infected animal; recommend for dogs that swim and are frequently outdoors.
- Canine Influenza – bivalent vaccine that protects against both strains of the highly contagious strains of canine flu
- Feline Leukemia – protects cats from the highly contagious and incurable disease; recommended for outdoor cats
When Your Dog and Cat Needs Vaccines
Most vaccines are needed on a yearly basis. However, others require more frequent boosters, such as Bordetella (every 6 months). Still, others require a booster every 3 years. We’ll work with you to establish a schedule that suits both you and your pet.
Please contact us today at (703) 435-3335 to schedule an appointment for dog or cat vaccinations!